Friday, June 24, 2011

Bob the Builder

What is it about men and their tractors? 

It seems to me that it starts with boys and their Tonka Toys.

They never get over the pure joy of digging in dirt with machines.

Russ came down today to dig and fill and smooth and basically polish our landscape.  He also prepped for a new patio and firepit.



Noel was beside himself with excitement just to be around heavy equipment.

Me?  I had fear and trepidation in my heart most of the day as I saw dirt and gravel and rocks and bushes move about in a jolting dance.  I felt most comfortable with my shovel and rake because I don't even know the names of this equipment.  They laugh when I say, "Are you going to use Digger or Scoop?"  They seem to be amused by my "Bob the Builder" vocabulary, but I know they know what I mean. 

At the end of the day it seems that all the dirt and gravel and rocks and bushes are happy to rest after their frenetic dance. 

I've come to the conclusion that I love men and their toys. 

I don't understand them, but I love them nonetheless.

No comments:

Post a Comment